There are many things I DO NOT know about NJ! Here are 10 more that YOU probably did not know......
10 Things you didn’t know about NJ
- The first organized baseball game was played in Hoboken, NJ in 1846.
- New Jersey’s State House is the second oldest still in use. (Maryland has the oldest.)
- New Jersey was known as the "Pathway of the Revolution." Over 100 battles were fought on New Jersey soil.
- New Jersey has more horses per square mile than any other state. The United States Equestrian Team is headquartered in Gladstone , NJ.
- The properties in the United States version of the board game Monopoly are named after the streets of Atlantic City.
- The first state to sign the Bill of Rights.
- New Jersey is one of only two states (along with Oregon) where self-service filling of gasoline is prohibited.
- The first professional basketball game was played in Trenton, NJ in 1896.
- New Jersey has 127 miles of coastline on the Atlantic Ocean.
- New Jersey is home to more than 9,800 farms covering 790,000 acres of farmland.
New Jersey ranks
- 2nd in blueberry production
- 3rd in cranberry production
- 3rd in bell peppers
- 4th in peach production
- 4th in head lettuce