That Mushroom Might Be Toxic

posted by Gary Cee - 

The New Jersey Herald reports that 45 toxic mushroom cases have been "managed" by the New Jersey Poison Control Center this summer.  Some of those cases have involved emergency room visits.  

Many edible mushrooms have poisonous lookalikes, and the cooking the mushrooms does not eliminate the toxins.  Mushroom poisoning can cause serious damage to the liver, and in some cases, can even cause death.

Kids and pets can sometimes be fascinated by wild mushrooms, so take extra caution this summer.

The New Jersey Herald has the whole story.  

Photo by Pixabay 

title

Content Goes Here