From CRIME ON LINE : A Florida teen said no one believed her when she said her dad was abusing her and her pet dog. She proved herself after installing security cameras and catching her alleged abuser in the act.
If you are being abused, remember:
- You are not to blame for being battered or mistreated.
- You are not the cause of your partner’s abusive behavior.
- You deserve to be treated with respect.
- You deserve a safe and happy life.
- Your children deserve a safe and happy life.
- You are not alone. There are people waiting to help.
There are many resources available for abused and battered women, including crisis hotlines, shelters—even job training, legal services, and childcare. Start by reaching out today.
If you need immediate assistance, call 911 or your local emergency service.
For domestic violence helplines and shelters, click here.
If you’re a man in an abusive relationship, read Help for Men Who are Being Abused.