Just what we needed to add to the already eventful year we're having
I woke up this morning to find that the door length mirror I had hung up in my newly finished, freshly painted bathroom ( using what was 'supposed to be" industrial strength 4" velcro squares on each corner)
Had fallen to the ground overnight and landed face/glass first on the floor. I KNOW .... DAMN IT !
Funny enough I didnt hear a thing .. until I saw this morning!
Naturally, I looked underneath carefully so not to disturb any broken glass which seemed to be contained within the frame during the poltergeist activity.
I am a skeptical believer in superstitions and wives tales, but not so skeptical that I intentionally walk underneath ladders . Immediately when i got to the studio I looked up what was about to happen in my life over the next 7 YEARS, and what I could do to lessen the pain I was about to be universally served if I dont react properly.
Heres what i found out
- Throw salt over your left shoulder as soon as possible, into the Devil who lurks there. According to the Morton Salt website, the French throw a little behind them to hit him in the eyeball. This will buy you some time to crawl under a table and come out the opposite side.
- Without hesitation, spin around three times counter clockwise. Careful not to do this unless you’ve just broken a mirror, as doing so on it’s own brings you bad luck itself. Doing it after breaking a mirror is to confuse the spirits.
- Grind the mirror shards into a fine powder. This prevents more reflections from being viewed in the broken mirror.
- Reuse the glass in a craft project. Pretend it wasn’t an accident.
- Here’s a tip that works if you have a bit more time, and all else has failed. Toss the pieces into a south running stream. This will wash away the bad luck in only seven HOURS instead of seven years. Not a bad deal if you ask me.
- Use flames to blacken the mirror fragments, then bury them exactly one year later. Unfortunately, you’ll still have one year of bad luck until then.
- Take a single piece of the broken mirror and touch it to a tombstone. This works immediately to lift the curse.
- Bury the pieces very far into the ground where the spirits can’t find them. Best to do this at night so your reflection can’t be taken with them.
- See more about this in the article I found HERE
Theres a internet full of people who have personal stories of all the things that can and did go wrong to them after breaking a mirror or some sort of universal code. Like the black cat crossing your path.. or stepping on a crack in the sidewalk..
What about you ?
Are YOU SUPERSTITIOUS ?
Of course if anything less than fortunate happens from now on, it will have to be blamed on the Mirror BUT.. Keep in mind ...
1 ~ Its been hanging there successfully for almost 2 weeks unbothered
2~ I was no where near the mirror when it fell down from the door
AND THE BIG QUESTION IS
If I didnt directly break the mirror - am I still the universal recipient of the bad luck just because it happened in my apartment?
WE SHALL SEE