Thursday, Feb 15th
Mostly Cloudy. High 58
at 6:45 listen for your 5 RANDOM FACTS:
1. February 15th is Singles Awareness Day! Singles Awareness Day is a humorous holiday that provides single people with an alternative to Valentine's Day festivities. Some people consider Singles Awareness Day (sometimes shortened to S.A.D.) as the anti-Valentine's Day and celebrate it on February 14th, but the folks at SinglesAwareness.com made it official – February 15th is the official holiday.
2. The biggest donut-eating country in the world is . . . Canada. They eat more donuts per capita and have more donut shops per capita than any other country in the world.
3. There is enough graphite in the average pencil to draw a line 35-miles long, that’s 45,000 words.
4. On April 18th, 1930, it was such a slow news day the BBC declared there was NO NEWS . . . and just played piano music instead of reporting anything.
5. A ‘jiffy’ is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
At 7:05 Ill ask a question about one of those facts. Get it right, and you'll be on our list to see BRUCE IN THE U.S.A. at the Newton Theater on Feb 23rd.
At 7:45 its the The "NNJ Mystery Riff". The first caller to get it right wins tickets to see The Steve Miller Band with Peter Frampton at Bethel Woods on June 29th
TICKETS DONT GO ON SALE UNTIL Friday at 10am
at 8: 30 We'll announce the winner from our Ski Free Valentines Day. The grand prize: a two-night getaway for two to Sugarbush Mountain in Vermont.
Then at 9am, Its your 1st of 5 chances to win a VIP Trip to Our 2018 iHeartRadio Music Awards! Have you ever dreamed of what it's like to be a star on awards show night? Our 2018 iHeartRadio Music Awards are back on Sunday, March 11th and you could live out your celeb fantasy by winning your way there! We want to fly you and a friend to Los Angeles for the weekend where you will score two tickets to the Awards. Remember to listen to 103.7 WNNJ on weekdays at 9am, 11am, 4pm, 5pm, 7pm. Text the keyword you hear to 200200 for your chance to win.