Sometimes this internet thing is really cool !
I was wondering exactly what happens and what it means when the governor issues an official "State of Emergency".
Heres what we learned ~
1) During a state of emergency the governor can close state offices
2) Schools and Businesses do not automatically have to close
3) Emergency Management officials can redirect traffic and close roads in the interest of public safety
4) Local County and State Authorities can cut off access to shopping centers and businesses if conditions become dangerous.
5) People should stay off the roads to keep them clear for Emergency Responders and law Enforcement. However, you will not be ticketed if you choose to drive.
6) A State of Emergency is not a travel ban
7) It allows New Jersey to mobilize our National Guard and other Federal resources.
Be care and use common sense my friends.
Sources: NY Post and NJ.com
Photo by Pixabay