Monday, March 19th
Mostly sunny. High 40
The DOUBLE PAY WORKDAY CONTINUES
Here are todays 5 RANDOM FACTS :
1. The two states that manufacture the most guns are . . . Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
2. Harvard University was founded before calculus was invented. Harvard was established in 1636 . . . calculus wasn't created until 1684.
3. WWW is the only three-letter acronym that has three times more syllables than what it stands for. WWW is nine syllables, "world wide web" is three.
4. U.S. Mail was actually delivered TWICE a day, until April 17th, 1950.
5. The silkworm's silk comes out of its mouth as a thread of gooey liquid, so that nice silk blouse you spent a fortune on is really just worm spit
At 7:05 we'll ask you a question about one of our 5 RANDOM FACTS.
If you get it right you'll be added to our guest list to see the legendary all-American frontman and guitarist who pulled the original Grand Funk Railroad together: Mark Farner at The Newton Theater this Friday, March 24th at 8PM
Tomorrow is the first day of Spring (a.k.a. Spring Equinox)
So…what’s an equinox, you ask? It’s a special day when the night and day are approximately equal everywhere, and when the sun rises exactly in the East, and sets exactly in the West.
Some think that on the Equinox, a raw egg will be able to balance on one end. So go out and try it! But on second thought, maybe bring a coat. It may be spring officially, but the weather gods haven’t quite gotten the message....
STUDIO LINES ARE OPEN 973-823-1037