Thursday, March 29th
Mostly Cloudy/Afternoon Showers. High 52
Its OPENING DAY of regular season baseball.
Someone looked at everything from season ticket prices to how much hot dogs are, all ranked each team according to how much it costs if you're a DIE-HARD fan.
The Chicago Cubs are the most expensive team for fans this year . . . just under $16,000 if you went to every single home game. And their cross-town rivals are one of the CHEAPEST teams, at just under $5,500. That includes the tickets, parking, food, drinks, and one hat and custom baseball jersey.
The three most expensive teams are the Cubs at $15,723 . . . Red Sox, $12,712 . . . and Yankees, $12,547. The three CHEAPEST are the Angels, $4,521 . . . White Sox, $5,452 . . . and Rays, $5,502. (You can see the prices for all 30 teams here.) The average for all 30 teams is just under $8,000 to see every home game live . . . and the average ticket price is about $65. The average price of a jersey is $125 . . . a hat, $16 . . . a beer, $5.90 . . . a soda, $4.13 . . . a hot dog, $4.52 . . . and $16 for parking.
Another study looked at all the GIVEAWAYS each team has this year . . . things like free hats and bobbleheads. The teams giving out the most free stuff are the Cardinals, Dodgers, Cubs, Mets, and Pirates. The bottom five are the Marlins, A's, Diamondbacks, Red Sox, and Phillies.
Our DOUBLE PAY WORKDAY continues...Just be listening at the TOP of EVERY HOUR between 6am and 9pm for a special keyword. Once you hear the word, TEXT THE KEYWORD to 200 200 for a chance to instantly win $1000
At 6:45 we'll talk about these 5 RANDOM FACTS:
1. In 1974, there were more than 500,000 pay toilets in the U.S. But by 1980, they were almost completely gone.
2. In 1972’s “The Godfather,” John Marley’s (Jack Wolz) scream of horror in the horse head scene was real, as he was not told that a real horse head, which was obtained from a dog food company, was going to be used.
3. Today is the first time since 1968 where every single baseball team will play their first game on the same day. And in 1968, it was because baseball altered its schedule to start three days later than planned after Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated.
4. About 36-million years ago, penguins were about 5-feet tall.
5. There are only five states in America with no state sales tax: Oregon, Delaware, New Hampshire, Montana, and Alaska.
At 7:05 we ask a question about one of those facts ...Our winner will be added to our EXCLUSIVE GUEST LIST to see KASHMIR this SATURDAY at Newton Theater ! An explosive, high-energy rock concert that recreates the sound, likeness and experience of classic Led Zeppelin, unlike any since Robert Plant and Jimmy Page shared the stage. Always a Sold Out Show!
Heres some HOT TOPICS: