Friday, March 30th
Lite Morning Showers/ Afternoon Sun. High 58
Our DOUBLE PAY WORKDAY continues...Just be listening at the TOP of EVERY HOUR between 6am and 9pm for a special keyword. Once you hear the word, TEXT THE KEYWORD to 200 200 for a chance to instantly win $1000
At 6:30 its the "NNJ Outdoor Minute". Opening Day of Spring Trout Season is just 9 days away
At 6:45 we'll talk about these 5 RANDOM FACTS:
1. There are about 100,000 payphones left in the U.S., and one-fifth are in New York. In 1999, there were two million pay phones.
2. Red eyes associated with swimming are not caused by chlorine. They are caused by chloramine, a chemical that is created when urine combines with the chlorine already in the pool. One in five adults admitted to urinating in swimming pools, which means 20% of adults in swimming pools have urinated in it. In fact, the more strong smelling a pool is, the more contaminated it is.
3. Fractures of the hip are NOT the most common type of bone breakage
to result from osteoporosis. Its SPINAL FRACTURES.
In the U.S. alone, there are more than 550,00 such fractures each year.
4. The core of the Earth is hotter than the surface of the sun.
5. The only two states in the country where it is illegal to pump your own gas.
are New Jersey and Oregon
At 7:05 we ask a question about one of those facts ...Our winner will be added to our EXCLUSIVE GUEST LIST to see KASHMIR , Tomorrow night at Newton Theater ! An explosive, high-energy rock concert that recreates the sound, likeness and experience of classic Led Zeppelin, unlike any since Robert Plant and Jimmy Page shared the stage.
Heres some HOT TOPICS:
HISTORY LESSON"On This Day" : Good Friday - Wikipedia
Good Friday is a Christian holiday commemorating the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and his death at Calvary. It is observed during Holy Week as part of the Paschal Triduum on the Friday preceding Easter Sunday, and may coincide with the Jewish observance of Passover. It is also known as Holy Friday, Great Friday, and Black Friday.
Members of many Christian denominations, including the Anglican, Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Lutheran, Methodist, Oriental Orthodox and Reformed traditions, observe Good Friday with fasting and church services.
The date of Good Friday varies from one year to the next on both the Gregorian and Julian calendars. Eastern and Western Christianity disagree over the computation of the date of Easter and therefore of Good Friday. Good Friday is a widely instituted legal holiday around the world, including in most Western countries and 12 U.S. states. Some countries, such as Germany, have laws prohibiting certain acts, such as dancing and horse racing, that are seen as profaning the solemn nature of the day.